I'd rather pay more for an 87 124 than a 95 which has potential wiring harness
issues.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 22, 2010, at 1:15 PM, "Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310"
<meade.m.dil...@navy.mil> wrote:

$5k seems pretty high to me; here in Charleston I wouldn't expect to pay
much more than $2k for an '87 when a nice '95 124 can be had for $3k.
The true price is only found one way - make an offer!

-Max

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Allan Streib
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 1:12 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] looking at '87 300D

Well I had said that I was not buying any cars this year but I'd seen
this W124 sitting in a yard with a for sale sign for a while.  I had
some time this morning so I stopped to look at it.  It's an '87 300D
with (if the odo is correct) about 173K miles.

Nobody was around so I noted the phone number.  The car looked solid, no
visible rust, but paint was flat on the hood.  Interior looked decent,
no rips or obvious abuse.

If I were to look at this more closely, anything in particular I should
be alert to?

Asking %5,000 obo.  Seems a little high... considering it's been for
sale for a while now.  What are these going for these days?

Allan
--
1983 300D