you just used a pressure washer (water)? Guess I could buy a pressure washer and try it.

OK Don wrote:
I pulled the strainer and the sender out of the 450SLC after it sat for tow
years, and washed it out with the spray nozzel on the end of the garden
hose. I couldn't  get the wand of the power washer in far enough to get the
whole tank due to the low rear windshield. I think I washed it out three or
four times, then blow dried it with the output end of a tank vacuum cleaner
over night. That seemed to get the rust and scale out OK - it stopped
clogging the strainer anyway.

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 94 S500, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 350SDL, 91 300D, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com