OK I have a whole new computer setup ready to go (AMD ADX635WFGMBOX Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz 2MB Cache AM3 Quad-Core Processor , 4GB mem). I can boot it up on Ubuntu no problem. I would like to set it up to run Windows, I guess the newest version is Windows 7. It seems to come in various flavors, upgrades, OEM, etc. but exactly what they offer is somewhat obscure even after reading about them. I guess the pro or ultimate versions would be the one to get as it has XP emulation and I could put lots of my other programs on that box while keeping my XP box up too (which I had to get a new mobo for as the other one got fried in a lightning storm) -- I tried to put the other new board/processor in the XP box but couldn't get it to boot properly with XP, wouldn't read the CD, etc. so just got a $50 replacement mobo and it is happy now. I will set up a dual boot on the new machine, and run a virtual linux on it too.

I guess it makes some sense to go with the new winders -- which version would be recommended?

--R