On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 16:35:01 -0600 "harry watkins"
<harry...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> > I always liked to use these when I was a kid:
> >
> > http://www.dempsterllc.com/demp_pump_hand01.php
>
> Mitch, you have to be in the top ten of internet searchers.  If I am
> reading it right, there are manual pumps at this site that operate much
> deeper than I thought any manual pump could.
>
> If I hit water deeper than I would like and the water tests good, I'll
> be back to that site to pick something out.

Keep in mind, Harry, that the pumps on the page Mitch linked will most
likely NOT work with a well driven with a point. For these, you put the
working cylinder of the pump underneath the water level and actuate it
with a steel rod that runs up to the surface inside the down pipe. The
pump cylinder itself would be in a well casing or some such to keep the
hole from collapsing.

Craig