I have an old brass pin-striper - it's a cylinder with a plunger, and a
knurled wheel running in a slot at the bottom. There's a guide arm on one
side that's adjustable, but it's just a brass rod. I've never tried to use
it - it looks like paint would just run right out around the wheel. I
pin-striped my '51 VW when I re-painted it in college - by hand. It was OK,
but not perfectly straight like the pro can do.

--
OK Don
2001 ML320