A Mercedes on Blizzaks will go through snow until it gets so deep the floor pans float the car. It is the best/safest car in all seasons, including on ice. I know there are fans of the Norske tires, but they also cost twice as much as Blizzaks. I have no experience with them. My first set of Blizzaks were still made by Metzler, before Bridgerock bought them out.

My SDL with generals was terrible. Sliding all over. I put Blizzaks on the rear and it was an amazing transformation. When I was back in that town the next week, I put 2 more on the front of the SDL. Then it would go almost anywhere a snowplow truck could go. I think I paid about $200 for the set of 4. Four nor$kes will cost you $500 or more.

A couple of years ago I put 4 on the E320 for my daughter. I never had to worry about her driving in the ice and snow. I think that set was $220 or 230 on the car

The dodge van is really scary (like any FWD) on ice and snow with some tires. I put two of the used Blizzaks on it, and it it is no worry now. Last year the RF blizzak had no tread in the middle, but it still starts and stops on wet, ice or snow like it was on clean dry pavement. The LF has a little tread, but is probably down to the wear bars. I am just trying to see how far they will go and still start and stop well.

I'm on my first winter with dedicated snow tires (Blizzak WS70) and they have changed my world. The S420 would regularly disgrace itself in snow on good all-seasons; now I have to drive like a complete jackass to get the ABS or ASR to make themselves known.

Tom