Before worrying about pressure, check the linkages between the height
correctors and the control lever inside the car. Since both ends of the car are
rising somewhat, and the height is the same (but low), I would check that
first. What happens if you raise the lever inside the car? What happens if you
add load to one end or the other? Does the car adjust?

As to pressure: I do not know for sure, but I imagine that the pressure
management aspect of the system is as much a copy of Citroën's system as is all
the rest, therefore:

There is a central pressure regulator, located logically in the pressure
circuit so that it controls fluid delivery to the "fifth" sphere, which is the
central accumulator/pressure reserve sphere. On the 6.9 this sphere is on the
driver's side adjacent to the suspension sphere. I don't know where it is on a
W126.

The system is designed around a common working pressure as delivered from that
point on. This allows the pump to be variable output (with RPM). Extra fluid is
simply routed back to the reservoir without pressure.

Look for the place where the largest reservoir return line originates. This
will be the pressure regulator (the line must be able to handle full pump flow,
unlike the suspension element return lines which only handle leak-by).

The pressure regulator (again, I'm talking about Citroën, you'll need to verify
the MB implementation) has a ball valve and a calibrated spring. There's also
an adjustment screw to set the relief pressure. NOTE: an under-pressure
reserve/main accumulator sphere can weaken/damage the pressure regulator valve
if there's too much cycling of the valve.

You should test overall system pressure as measured on the CONTROLLED side of
the regulator valve, and verify the gas pressure in the central accumulator.
Those are the most important numbers.

D.