Safety, economy, and hotrod are mutually exclusive. Pick hotrod, and you
give up the other two. You build one for the pleasure of creation, and the
joy of acceleration, not for practicality.
I'm the one who stuffed an aluminum block Olds 215 into an MGA and drove it
100,000 miles. Lots of fun, but I suspect I was lucky to get out alive.

--
OK Don
2001 ML320