On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Bob Rentfro <azbob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> any of his guys is doing. Never had to take anything back. I'm a firm
> believer in you get what you pay for.

Unfortunately, I've been paying premium city prices for kids with
spanners.  Hence the frustration. :/

If I thought the dealer would do a better job I'd take it there -
prices are not much higher, rates for good independents here are
$80-100/estimated hour plus 200% parts markup - but the first time I
was at the MBZ dealer they rudely refused to do what I wanted
(specifically, order a key) and so I determined not to go back.
Thanks to Rusty, I haven't had to, yet.

Will definitely check out Angie's list, and I will take Roger's advice
on the oil changes - that does seem like a good nonthreatening way to
get to know a mechanic.  I tend to only go when there is a specific
something I don't want to do, so it's doubly frustrating when I end up
having to do it anyway.  At least if they mess up an oil change it's
obvious and easy to fix, usually. :)

Thanks!
-Tim
probably going to keep the gremlin and disable the antenna, I kind of
liked it today; like the dome light, it gave me a nice warm "the
battery is alive" feeling when I opened the door