You will need a breaker bar to turn it over unless the plugs are removed. You will be spending alot of money to have a shop work on that old car.

Brian Chase wrote:

Yeah, I do still remember the advice about pouring Pepsi, then penetrating oil into the injector holes, and all the other advice on how to troubleshoot this thing. Appreciate it all.

To answer the question: I believe we used a 3/4 in. drive w/o any breaker. Dave is an average-to-above average strength guy and he pulled on the thing for a coulpe seconds with moderate effort, and it didn't budge.

Because of the situation we have, however, it looks like I'll just have to take it in to a shop and let them do it. (Brother has become too busy to look at the thing - and I can't because it's 1500 miles away from me). So my current plan is to go to have it towed to a recommended mechanic in Tucson and get their ananysis.

I'll keep y'all updated. Can't wait to be driving this thing by spring time.

Brian
83 240D (the dreamcar)