From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Cost to rebuild
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:24:13 -0600

You will need a breaker bar to turn it over unless the plugs are
removed.  You will be spending alot of money to have a shop work on that
old car.

Brian Chase wrote:

> Yeah, I do still remember the advice about pouring Pepsi, then
> penetrating oil into the injector holes, and all the other advice on how
> to troubleshoot this thing. Appreciate it all.
>
> To answer the question: I believe we used a 3/4 in. drive w/o any
> breaker. Dave is an average-to-above average strength guy and he pulled
> on the thing for a coulpe seconds with moderate effort, and it didn't
> budge.
>
> Because of the situation we have, however, it looks like I'll just have
> to take it in to a shop and let them do it. (Brother has become too busy
> to look at the thing - and I can't because it's 1500 miles away from
> me). So my current plan is to go to have it towed to a recommended
> mechanic in Tucson and get their ananysis.
>
> I'll keep y'all updated. Can't wait to be driving this thing by spring
> time.
>
> Brian
> 83 240D (the dreamcar)

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,
  84 250 LWB, 83 300TD, 81 300TD, 81 240D, 81 240D,
  76 450SEL, 76 240D, 76 300D, 74 240D, 69 250
Okie Benz Auto parts-email for used parts