Brian wrote:

 "But somewhere along the line it became more like: I've
found a honey of a car here (in terms of mileage and rust) and I want to
make sure my investment pays off long-term."

The beauty of this is that you can do just that.  When you get it back on
the road, your total cost may have exceeded the car's value, but, you can
then drive it to profitability while not worrying about an EMP attack.  I
don't know the amount of money involved so we'll use $3000.  That would
amount to about seven payments on a new car AND then, no more payments.

Go for it and good luck.

Harry Watkins
Newton, MS
86 SDL Silver