to be fair, it has to be noted that this was an experimental plant designed to prove the possibility of processing the Brown Grease that most people didn't want, as it's easier to make BioD from Oil than Brown Grease. plan was for this to be a test facility for one year, and to be evaluated after that. primary concern was to deal with the grease, with BioDiesel output being somewhat insignificant.

from <http://biofuelsdigest.com/bdigest/2010/10/08/san-francisco-brown-grease-to-biodiesel-plant-opens/> "The demonstration treatment plant will process 10,000 gallons per day of trap waste, recovering 300-500 gallons a day of brown grease and converting it to biodiesel."

cheers!