I'm pretty sure that step won't apply, the idea there is too loosen the oil pan
so there is room to get the case out. I have the head off, plenty of room for
the case to come up and off.

Max

Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:

You should be able to put a block under the pan and jack up the
engine. I am not convinced that this is the ONLY way to get those
bolts out either. But you can tell when you crawl under and look.