> > Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
> >
> > This is just a cheapie emachine computer I bought about 4
> > years ago.  Im leaning toward just buying a new one.

> Mitch Haley wrote:
>
> Possibly failing capacitors on the MB. Cheap way is to replace
> the caps, easy way is to replace the MB. When I did that to
> Dad's eMachine this spring, I dropped in a more efficient and
> stable 80+ certified power supply while I was at it. Make sure
> the new MB advertises solid caps on at least the CPU power
> buss.

Based on the research I did just recently for a motherboard lost
to a power supply failure, I like the Corsair CX430 V2
power supply.  I also got an Asus M4N68T-M motherboard and put a
2-core AMD Athlon and 8G RAM on it.  It seems to be working out
well.  It is not a "fast, hot" machine.  But it is not intended for
gaming or movies.  For SOHO stuff, it's seem to be a dandy!

--   Philip