I think tiger started the practice of grossly overcharging for freight that is so widespread now. In fact it led to ups and fedex charging next day air prices for 7 day ground packages.

I use Directron (Houston Based) or Newegg foe 90% of my needs.
Newegg has specials on BareBones systems that are hard to beat.
Had Bad experiences with Tiger Direct on their shipping cost i.e 15 bucks for USPS shipping on a part that
weighed 7oz. Sheeeeeeeezzzzzzzz

Russ W.