I would disagree with that, China can produce quality products with the help of western technology.
For instance, most of the Apple products are assembled in China.
Sure if you want to argue about products designed, developed and entirely made in China, then yes they still have a long way to go. It could be argued that the Asian way of thinking is to make something cheap and when it breaks buy another one. Also it has to be considered that China has been around for a long time and have been known to come up with some great inventions but I reckon through their feudal system and then communism, there has been a lack of entrepreneurs willing to make top notch products, probably because there is not the level of competition that we have within the capitalist system.

Hendrik
who tries to be a capitalist but is not very good at it

G Mann wrote:
Would that be time measured in light years.... or lifetimes?  The public
moral of communism has little focus on quality of product, so until the next
"great revolution" I don't see German style precision on the horizon of this
lifetime or the next in China.