From: Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net>
Sender: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:45:40
To: Mercedes Discussion List<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Refilling SLS fluid - W123 300TD wagon

Max wrote:
> No factory procedure/explanation that I know of for bleeding wagon SLS. Same
> folks don't specify any schedule for changing the SLS fluid.
>
> Common sense tells me that the fluid should be replaced at some point. The
> anal retentive in me requires that I bleed the system if I open it up.

I thought I read something about running the suspension full up and full drain
with the control valve to run fresh fluid through it. I did that with my 16v,
mainly because it felt good watching the car go up and down and reassured me
that the hydraulics worked.

There is a bleed screw on the control valve under the car. About all you can do
with it is bleed air from the wet side of the accumulators though.