I fully got the point Andrew.

Just had to make the choice with Gump a few months ago.  Now I have to review
that choice when looking at a R107.  Same batch of parts I already have and
will probably end up with many of the same issues I had with Gump.

Letting go of Gump, a 72 220D was a real emotional issue. I had put so much
care and love into getting her closer to a pretty car instead of just a rat rod
30 footer.  It is akin to having to put Grandma down.  We could have massive
cash infusions to keep her around, but in the end, will it be more humane to
just call it a day and let go?

Gump had already sucked up $1800 for suspension rebuild a few weeks before she
took out her engine.  Was going to be a $2k task to get her engine back to
functional, with cracked pistons, and camshaft support snapped.

Then I was going to have to do more rust repair, a repaint, glass and trim
seals.  A bunch more interior work to bring her up to same quality inside and
out.  Nickel and dime expenses the rest of her life.

I love the car, but I could not see myself having to explain to SWMBA every
time something needed attention.  She hated the car.  It was a junker in her
eyes from the day it showed up and was unreliable.  AT least I now know how
quickly I will be taken off life support or tossed into a care facility.

clay