On 14/11/2011 3:40 PM, Greg Fiorentino wrote:
In my case the tipping point was reached when SWMBO decided she wanted a
21st. century vehicle to replace the '79 300TD.  I found a nice 2003 Jetta
TDI for her.

Greg

I understand that point too. My good wife has no desire to drive a beater. She may well be prepared to drive her current car into the ground, but she does not wish to start out with a junker. That may well be because I fail to keep things up to her standards. If one drives a vehicle all the time, then one thinks about fixing things that annoy. However, I rarely drive her vehicle and the result is that she tells me about some issue but I forget and it goes on for long enough to annoy her.

Randy