I didn't want to stick my neck out, as I don't get into PC mobo stuff any more,
but it has been my understanding that Intel and AMD both have proprietary CPU
socket standards.

As for your bad caps, that is typical. If a cap actually blows, you would know
it from the mess.

Typical failure mode is to see them swell up. It's not that common for them to
burst, from what I have seen.

Recapping is cheap and fairly easy. I have an iMac G5 on the bench right now
that needs to be recapped. A couple hours of work along with $17 worth of caps
and I'll have a working iMac G5 again...

Dan

Sent from my iPhone