Possibly. This is a fairly common condition, so much so that there is quite the
business for selling kits for various motherboards out there.

In the case of the iMacs, G5s specifically, a cap manufacturer literally stole
the formula for the electrolyte from a competitor and proceeded to make their
own caps using the bootlegged formula.

A large number of these were sold to Foxconn, a large manufacturer who
assembles PCs for nearly all PC makers.

A couple of years later, the caps start to fail.

It was bad enough that Apple had a campaign for board replacement.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone