On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you are asking for the unlock code.
>
> Check the glovebox books, and it is not there and if you are reasonably sure
> it is the original radio, call Rusty with your VIN and he will GIVE your the
> unlock code.

No unlock code in the 754, everyone seems to agree on that; the four
dashes are the security setting when it is removed without the alarm
disabled.  I was hoping I could use the code generator that Jim linked
a long time ago, so I was disappointed on that as well.

The forums talk of some "tool" that the dealers would use to reset the thing.

It was my own fault, I installed it in my '77 without grounding the
security pins.  D'oh!  I'd like to recover it but obviously I'm not
too attached to it, since I'm not even sure it works.

Thanks,
-Tim