The guys at Becker will disable that security feature, so you'll never see
it again.

Other than that, you need to find someone with the original unlock tool.
 All the dealers used to have them, but there are not too many people left
who remember that.

Sending it back to Becker isn't such a bad thing... get an iPod cable
installed while its there.  Rebuild the tape deck, etc.

Jaime

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Tim C <bb...@crone.us> wrote:

> Okay, so the web forum consensus seems to be that you have to send
> your Becker 754 (Grand Prix, 86-87) back to Becker when it gets four
> dashes, or that the dealer can magically reset it somehow and the
> dealer is sometimes free.  I can replace the battery myself, but my
> sort-of-local dealer wouldn't even order me a key so I'm expecting
> them to hang up on me when I call.  It seems overkill to send the
> radio back to Becker, I like originality but not at that price.
>
> ..but surely Okiebenz doesn't give up so easily?  Is there a way to
> clear the four dashes?
>
> Thanks,
> -Tim

Jaime Kopchinski