Yes, I'm totally blind, 100%. I have pretty good luck with mechanical things, but I haven't tried soldering or welding. Of course, I couldn't see the color of the metal to determine if I was welding or just blasting through something. It's too hot to touch to try to find out where I would be working...OUCHHHHH! I'll have to have someone else weld up this car, either a shop or preferably a new owner. There are quite a few cars out there with generally rust free bodies. When I'm in the market again "LOOKING" for my next Mercedes, I'm crawling underneath it, having someone look underneath for me, or taking it somewhere for a real inspection. Once again, the saying proves true. "THERE'S NOTHING MORE EXPENSIVE THAN A CHEAP MERCEDES!!!!!!!!"

Kevin in Hillsboro, Oregon
1977 240D 315Kmi, Rusty (just kidding, Rusty!)