That's a funny story! I would have "seen" the rust if I wanted to crawl underneath on the muddy driveway. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had known what was under there. However, now that it's here, we're going to have some fun with it. It also has a bitt of blowby pressure coming out the oil cap, but no smoke. I'm hoping some of this clears up now that it has Mobil 1 in the crankcase. We had it out for a few hours today around town. We got it up to almost 80 to clean it out before doing the emissions testing and registration. It passed! Now, I'm going to get some fuel filters and Diesel Purge, and try to find another set of valve adjustment wrenches to replace the ones I lost.

Kevin in Hillsboro, Oregon
1977 240D 315Kmi, Liesel ze Diesel