IIRC, the '75 and '76 models had the cats under the hood, just under the
exhaust headers, and those got the engine compartment really hot. The
earlier and later models aren't as bad (though still hot enough). Since it
wasn't driven much voer the last several years, the rubber might last for
several more years. That being said, the LARGE Folgers cans for collecting
the replacement fund is still a good idea.

--
OK Don
2001 ML320