Out of curiosity, I emailed the parts desk at the local MB dealer.
They tell me they have a battery for my 115 300D in stock.
$230.00
I asked about warranty thinking if it was really good, it might be worth the extra money.
2 year replacement and then 2 year pro-rated.

I think, I will go with my tape measure to see if the biggest battery at Costco will fit. I think I can buy it for about $90.http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=weather&placecode=CAMB0244&switchto=c&ref=wxnetappcitypageV5&var1=0
Canadian Tire has a big one that might work too for about $120.

Have not looked at other places or local FLAPS etc.

Could also check in Grand Forks ND to see if US prices are better.

Of course, I might just try to run the car for a bit and see if the existing one holds up. It appears to me that it is fading but I have it on a trickle charger and it seems to be up to a full charge at the moment.

Randy