From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Jerry Herrman
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 4:36 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: [MBZ] Fuel Pump Not Delivering

Thanks to  MG <trainpain2...@yahoo.com>,  : Curt Raymond
<curtlud...@yahoo.com> , and Dan Penoff <lwb...@yahoo.com> for your
contributions to this discussion. I am taking the liberty of sending each of
you a couple of pictures. I think they will show that the pump cannot be put
on upside down.
I may try the "dowel insertion" this week when I get some time.
Does anyone know if the eccentric can be in place, but not turn?
By the way, we've not considered that the new pump is defective. The odds
seem to be against it since it pumps well manually when off the engine.
I am still holding out hope that I will encounter someone with intimate
knowledge of this area of this engine.
If one of you wakes up in the middle of the night with a solution, please
feel free to email me.

Jerry
240D
72 Ford F250