"one of these day's I wanna run the wheels right off... a greyhound bus..." I think that is Red Sovine isn't it?

The oldtime truckdriver's lament. Back when men were men, and the US dominated the world. NO whiny wusses like we have now.

nothing makes you feel as good as an old spicer 4 or 5 speed with an 6 or
8v71 behind you.  When you get it down its like butter.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Craig <diese...@pisquared.net> wrote:

 On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 20:33:23 -0500 Peter Hertzing <phertz...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

 > ... they have had to replace trucks with automatic transmissions
 > because they couldn't find drivers who could drive manual tranny's.  I
 > remmeber when the same thing happened to the bus line I was driving
 > for.  Sad day and definitly less quality drivers.

 I recall the fellow who drove the Inglewood City Lines bus I took to and
 from high school. An old diesel with a 4-speed, non-synchro transmission.
 He had to double-clutch every shift and did a very good job of it.

 Craig