>  Philip wrote:
> I do it every time I drive one of my cars with a manual
> transmission.
>
> --   Philip, who floats more shifts than he clutchs.

Mountain Man wrote:

I have 3 pedals in my 240D.
Teach me?  Are there youtube videos showing this... I wonder?
Sounds like a nice challenge... if I can keep from wrecking things.

YouTube - huh?  Well, I suppose I could make one.  Right now I
have no spare time though...

The text version.

Start with the 3-4 shift.  It's the easiest.  Do everything
just like you would using the clutch - just don't press the
clutch pedal.  The "trick" is to not actually pull the shifter
into 4th until the transmission lets you.  With very slight
pressure against the synchros, it's possible to feel when the
speed matches.  At that point, a quick "snink" and it's in
gear.

Hey, you could drive down here to southern MO and help with my
car work and I'll teach you how to float the shifts!

--  Philip, with a never shrinking list of car work to do