Dan Penoff <lwb...@yahoo.com> writes:

> I wondered about mounts. Mine are in good shape, but I haven't crawled
> under to check the dogbone on the back of the engine. Probably should
> do that.

The rear mount (torque mount, it's called) apparently can collect small
rocks and other debris which will then cause more vibration to be
transmitted.  I replace mine (very easy to do) but didn't note any
debris trapped in the old one, and it didn't make a big difference.

Changing the two mounts under the hood (transmission/left side and
motor/right side did result in improvement, but not elimination, of the
vibration.  Also a pretty easy job.  I did use aftermarket Chinese
mounts from Rockauto though, so maybe I need to try genuine Ford.

Also wondering if it might resonance in the exhaust system for some
reason.  Not sure why that would develop though.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1979 300SD