Thank for the suggestions.

Where I live, I don't have the option for a garden hose to run for 20-30
minutes.  What I have done instead is to pour gallon jugs of water through
the heater core radiator, and engine.  I am not sure if the garden hose has
enough pressure to make the process go faster than pouring gallons in by
hand.

The problem has been the coolant is still getting dirty.  I don't think the
engine is making rust, but there must be some sticking to parts that is
slowly coming out.  Similar to how synthetic oil can clean out an engine
over time.

The weird part is how the coolant separates, with the heater core or
expansion tank seeming to have more rusty water than the radiator.  I think
this must happen after the engine cools off.  I would think the water pump
moves the coolant around enough that it remains mixed when the engine is
running (except for the expansion tank).