Sounds like the initial short-out was dealt with by the pump-out, but the
water that wicked back up the lines is finally causing them to corrode away
to nothing.

Be sure to isolate it as a line issue first, by unhooking everything else
after the phone drop, putting modem as first device.

That may mean a long phone cord out to the box as a check.

I know Verizon will try to prove the problem is in your house wiring, since
then they don't have to fix it.

Walt