> Jaime Kopchinski wrote:

> The method in the manual really works... when you remove the
> thermostat, you get lots of flow and lots of stuff clears up.

Just for reference, since there are a lot of OM616 and OM617
motors on the list, removing the thermostat is NOT a good plan.
I don't remember the M117 so it may be a "single throw" - but
the diesels are a "double throw" design.  That is, when the path
to the radiator opens, the bypass is closed.  Simply removing
the thermostat will leave both open and will NOT WORK
correctly.  For these, you must use a modified thermostat that
is jammed open.  I used a piece of brake line split and the
wrapped around the center shaft to hold it open.

--       Philip