I look at CL electronics occasionally, the people wanting to sell flat screens there are asking prices about what you can buy new for, which probably reflects the downward price curve on TVs, oversupply, price cutting amongst manufacturers and retailers just trying to move product. etc. I was at Costco the other day and a 60" LG plasma was $900. Did not look quite as good as an LED LCD but for that price... doesn't have all the new smartness or 3D or whatever but to just play OTA and AppleTV and Netflix and DVDs it would be awesome. I am building my new kitchen and making a spot for a screen on the wall, with that kind of deal I think a 60" plasma will look pretty good.

They had a 70" in there too for like $4500, which is a bit spendy, and I saw an 80" advertised in the paper for $10k. Wonder what those will be this time next year? THe 70" looked huge, even compared to the 60", an 80" must look like your whole wall.

--R