hi Curt!

as some others have mentioned, the smoothness of the engine when burning BioD is probably more related to the way BioD ignites and burns than to the (much lauded) lubricity.

odds are your flat spot and acceleration changes are related to the injectors getting cleaned out by BioDs solvency.

the commercially produced B99 i've been buying from the factory lately has been going for about $4.20 for quite a while now, while #2 prices have been somewhat higher and are only just starting to come back down.

cheers!

300Dt
~85K miles on BioD