We got between 5 and 6 inches of rain betwewen Sunday at 6 pm and
Tuesday morining, accompanied by wind gusts to 60 mph.  The entire DC
metropolitan area was basically shut down for 2 days (Monday and
Tuesday) but mercifully there was little wind damage in our
neighborhood.  This may be as a result of the violent derecho storm in
late June that ripped out huge numbers of mature, weakened trees.  Our
power went out twice on Monday, the scond time for 3 hours, but that
caused miniscule hardship in comparison to what others suffered.  The
local utility (Pepco) was able to plan in advance and request crews
from other parts of the region (1800 workers) which helped speed up
reconnection times.