It was a spec house, not a custom builder. Not a lot you can do in that
situation.

We made them crazy, so much so that they banned us from the job site near the
end. Every day we walked through the house and wrote up any deficiencies. They
had these little carbon less forms for this stuff, and we did it so much they
finally just gave us a box if them.

Sadly, most of what we wrote up was nothing more than compliance issues. I
could write a book on the shoddy construction practices of this builder. The
sad part was that they were one of the better ones in town.

This was at the beginning of the housing boom down here, and places were being
flung up so fast and so poorly it was scary. We did nothing more than hold them
to their own specs, which most of their subs didn't know.

What's even scarier were the people who bought inventory homes or never visited
the job site when their home was being built. Those places are starting to
really show their age and the poor construction, and they're not even 20 years
old.

Dan