Hi Max,
  Nice to get a call from you the other day.  Wish we had more time to play
so we could have gotten together.
  Had to change the small filter on the road.  Does not miss a beat at high
rpm/ high fuel demand uphill 80mph runs so it is not a clogged filter.  I
see no air bubbles in the clear lines and my primer pump has been replaced
with the newer style and is in good working order so air leak is not likely
in this case.  Return lines are the oem cloth covered line and are dry as a
bone.  Have not pulled one off yet to see of they are coming apart inside.
  Like you said, I will start simple and get the valves done as soon as I
get a chance.  It has been a bit of a bear to start in the cold as well so
probably on the right track there.  Injectors are suspect as well as it has
seen a lot of miles with waste veggie oil on what I assume to be untouched
factory original injectors.  As the odometer quit working shortly after I
bought the car @ 114k miles I am estimating it has between 135 and 140k on
it now so it is probably a good time for a rebuild or at least cleaning.
Maybe I should give it a Diesel-purge treatment before I go too far.  I
also need to rework my wvo setup so it isn't heating the fuel when running
straight ulsd, that will help a lot I think.
  Going to have to replace the starter, again.  Had to convince it to work
with a BFH a few times to get home.
  On another note, the tach worked for about 5 miles over the course of the
trip......lol.

Mike