On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 07:11:46 -0500 Jon Agne <jonag...@gwi.net> wrote:

> I do not understand anyone can completely blame the federal debt on
> Democrats.  Under Reagan, the FD rose from approximately $900 billion
> to approximately $2.8 trillion...that's about 211%.  And I liked Reagan
> and voted for him twice, but lets keep our eye on the FACTS here.

Like I said, the FACT is that while government income rose by a factor of
two under Reagan, spending rose by a factor of three. That shows the real
problem is in Congress, which was controlled by Democrats at the time,
though both sides are guilty.

Should Reagan have vetoed the budgets, like Clinton did? It's easy to
look back and say yes. The Democrats promised Reagan a spending cut if he
would increase taxes. He did increase taxes, but he is still waiting for
the spending cut.

Craig