Rich Thomas wrote:
A coupla weeks ago here in SC, Darwin visited a couple who were running a generator for reasons unclear (didn't pay the bill but could buy gas?). The neighbors complained about the noise, so they moved the generator inside the trailer. With the predictable consequences.

A guy who graduated from my high school a few years ahead of me ran off and joined the carnival. One cold night he and his girlfriend got cold and cozied up in the generator trailer to keep warm. Don't ask me how you could hope to sleep with all that noise, but I guess when the CO level in your bloodstream gets high enough you go to sleep regardless of the noise.

Mitch.