> Curt Raymond wrote:

> If I had scored pistons wouldn't the engine start harder
> because of lowered compression?

I would guess that with Mobil 1 the oil probably survived fine.
And so a low probability of scored pistons.  But that's just a
guess. *smiles*

> If anything it starts EASIER now.

Sweet!  New style of Italian Tuneup!

> Car-part does have some $600-$700 engines, I was considering a
> newer, higher performance engine, didn't they change in '83 to
> have more power?

'81, I think.

> I could at least get one with new type pencil plugs. I've got
> pencil plugs in this one but I'm not sure the retrofit type
> are as good as an engine designed for pencil plugs.

My odd-ball '81 that seems to be a mix of the old and new came
with parallel glow plugs.  My retrofit in the '78 seem to do
just as well as the later ones.  But the I think the cam and
injection pump changed to create more power.

--   Philip