Does your community have some sort of hazardous materials disposal arrangement,
like someplace you can take it and drop it off to be properly disposed of?

Or - do you know any shops that might want it? We used to keep "dry" batteries
in storage and add acid as we needed them.

I shudder to think that it would be poured out on the ground. I can't imagine
that would be good for anything.

Dan