An extra word of caution in handling sodium hydroxide in powder form.
Contact with mucous membrane, such as eyelids or mouth, or ingestion into
the lungs can and will do great physical harm, Possible harm which can not
be recovered from, for example if it is breathed into the lung. It reacts
quickly with moisture and gives horrible chemical burns, potentially.
Chemical burns to the interior of the lung is deadly.

Please use care and understand the risks.

Grant...