G Mann wrote:
Contact your local chemistry teacher to explain how to do an Acid/Base mix
to neutralize the acid for safe disposal. Sulfuric acid is a strong acid,
however baking soda in the right proportion will render the PH to neutral.

When I was in high school, the chemistry lab had its own still for distilled water. Periodically the teacher had to tear down the still and soak the glass boiler parts in sulfuric acid to get rid of the lime deposits. I'm sure he would have rather used donated battery acid than reagent grade sulfuric acid for the deliming.

Mitch.