----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Cathey" <j...@windwireless.net>
Someone else said the kick from the pistol grip would injure the shooter.
I've shot a shotgun at waist level, it's not a problem at
all.  Gentle.  Same piece against the shoulder is quite a
bit more jarring.
It's all about physics.  Just like in a car crash, the greater
distance you can spread the energy over reduces the force.  The
hand is at the end of an arm, a great shock absorber.  I've shot
large pistols before, I can't believe a shotgun round has more
energy in it than a .223 or a .45-70 in a handgun, which I have
experienced.  I just let the thing go up over the head if it wants.
-- Jim

Makes sense.  Thanks,
Gerry