Jon Agne wrote:
Could be, but I never really noticed it in the 152/172's.

With models (grossly overpowered compared to full size craft), you give them several degrees of right thrust so they don't turn left under power. I wonder if the 152/172 have the engine pointed down a bit to keep the nose from rising under power.
Mitch.

I've often wondered about jets with fuselage mounted engines pointed up. It would seem that at rotation the nose wheel wouldn't want to come up. Since they "do" come up, I would guess that lift balances the the tendency of the nose to go down. Since jets take off at full power it's understandable that the balance of power versus wing lift could be engineered into the design. If so, it would seem that if the aircraft lost power at rotation, the nose would tend to go down and the aircraft would not gain altitude; thus accounting for some of the crashes on takeoff.
Does that make any sense?
Gerry