Sheesh, been a loooong time, but my recollection is that the engine on prop driven aircraft is mounted with a few degrees to one side Maybe 0.5 to 1.5? depending on airframe design) and a similar amount up or down from the centerline

Jon Agne wrote:
Could be, but I never really noticed it in the 152/172's.

With models (grossly overpowered compared to full size craft), you give them several degrees of right thrust so they don't turn left under power. I wonder if the 152/172 have the engine pointed down a bit to keep the nose from rising under power.

Mitch.