I cannot help but think that the only proper way to repair the watering can is to solder it. Messing about with epoxy or POR etc is just not the right way to fix something like this.

People repair fuel tanks with plastics etc in an effort to avoid the big BOOM but there is no need to worry about that with your watering can.

If you solder it reasonably nicely it will be almost invisible.

I don't think there is any real issue with soldering galvanized metal.
Welding it gets it hot enough to give off bad fumes but soldering is not likely to get anywhere near that hot and if you do it outdoors, I see little danger to you.

In order to do a good job on galvanized metal you really need some acid to eat away the galvanized coating anyway.

I did some soldering of galvanized eavestroughing a number of years ago and did not have the right acid but did manage to do it with the flux intended for soldering together copper pipe.

Randy